Lightwater Valley Tickets
The Park opens 6th April – 3rd November 2019 (select dates only, please check our calendar for availability)
Lightwater Valley is one of the most exciting family theme parks in the North of England, with over 35 rides and attractions for thrill seekers of all ages!
Located on the outskirts of Ripon, North Yorkshire, kids, teenagers and grown-ups alike can enjoy a day of non-stop fun at this safe and secure family attraction.
Adult tickets must be booked for any children over 1.3 metres tall, otherwise you will be charged full adult gate rate on arrival. Child tickets must be booked for any children between 1.0 metre-1.3 metres tall, otherwise you will be charged full child gate rate on arrival. Children under 1.0 metre will be charged locally for entry.
Rides & Attractions at Lightwater Valley
For the little ones:
Lightwater Valley offers all kinds of fantastic family fun for tots aged 1-5! These include:
- Jumpin’ Jacks! Bouncy Pillow
- Soft Play & Café
- Outdoor Activity Park
- Lightwater Express Train
- Eagles Creek Farm tractor ride
- Lots of fun fairground rides
- Indoor Jungle themed activity area
For the bigger kids:
Junior thrill seekers aged around 5-9 (or over 1.1 metres in height) can enjoy rides and activities such as:
- The Ladybird
- The thrilling Splash Falls with sharp turns and sudden drops
- Wet ‘n’ wild fun on the Wild River Rapids
- Swashbuckling pirate fun aboard the Pirate Swinger, speedy Skull Rock and the tummy-tickling Flying Cutlass.
Grown-ups and kids over 1.3* metres tall have a choice of adrenaline-pumping rides!
- Take a spinning ride above the treetops on Apollo
- Be carried through the air in the grip of the Eagle’s Claw
- Hurtle through dark forests on Europe’s longest roller coaster – The Ultimate
- Venture into the mysterious world of Raptor Attack’s abandoned mineshaft.
Important Information: * You may need to be accompanied on the ride at this height.
North Stainley, Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 3HT
Available on site for free!
- Main Season: Open various dates between 6th April and 3 November 2019. Please see the ticket booking calendar for exact dates
- Main Season: Gates open at around 9.40am, and rides begin to operate at 10am. Park closes between 4.30pm – 6pm depending on visitor numbers and weather conditions on the day.
Lightwater Valley is accessible for wheelchair users
Main Season: Children and Concessions*:
- Children aged 0-2 years of age enter for free!
- Children under 1.0 metre in height (and 3 years of age and above) need to purchase their ticket at the Gate. Under 1.0 metre tickets are discounted to £8pp with an accompanying AttractionTix voucher (usual Gate Price is £10pp)
- Children over 1.3 metres in height need to purchase an adult ticket.
- Failure to purchase the relevant ticket according to height will result in being charged full gate rate on arrival.
- Over 60s can enter for just £12 when accompanied by a paying guest
- *Excluding special events
Smoking is not permitted except in designated smoking areas.
- Lightwater Valley is located just North of the City of Ripon. For Sat Navs please use postcode HG4 3NB and follow the Brown signs.
- Once you arrive at the ‘Clocktower’ traffic light junction, take the A6108 towards the village of North Stainley.
- The closest train station is Thirsk, with direct services from Manchester, Leeds, York, Middlesbrough and London.
- From Thirsk railway station you can then catch the Number 70 bus operates to Ripon bus station, and service 159 directly from Ripon market place to Lightwater Valley (very limited service, please check with bus company before purchasing tickets).
By Bus - (very limited service, please check with bus company before purchasing tickets)
- Local bus services can be found on the Dales & District bus website.
- From Ripon market place, service 159 stops at Lightwater Valley.
- From Leeds and Harrogate, the luxury bus service “Transdev 36” runs daily to Ripon bus station.
Alice in Winterland Event:
This year Lightwater Valley are holding a festive event - the Alice in Winterland illuminated lantern trail!
There will be hundreds of giant illuminated light sculptures which illustrate the stories form Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass. Discover a giant Chess Board, watch the Mad Hatter prepare for his tea party, marvel at the four-metre tall Alice and come face-to-face with the infamous Queen of Hearts herself!