Los Angeles - Things to do & Attractions
All Los Angeles Attractions
Displaying 1-3 of 3 results
Things to do in Los Angeles
People-watching is fun, but famous-people-watching is even better! See how the A-list live on a tour of some of our biggest movie stars’ homes, or just hang around celebrity haunts like Sunset Boulevard or Rodeo drive and let the stars come to you!
California is home to some of the USA’s biggest theme parks, making it a great destination for kids, teens and young families. Movie fans can discover the best-kept secrets of their favourite films at Universal Studios Hollywood, and kids (and big kids!) can meet Mickey and friends at Disneyland!
Better still, book the Southern California Citypass and get admission to both these fab Los Angeles attractions and lots more besides!
Where do we start? Birthplace of a legendary movie industry, Hollywood is home to many filming locations for the blockbusters. Visit Tinseltown and see the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the famous “Hollywood” sign, Sunset Strip, Paramount Studios, Beverly Hills…. the list is endless!
No trip to LA is complete without a stroll down the famous Rodeo Drive – shopping mecca and a haven for celebrity-spotting! Expect designer stores aplenty and lots of beautiful people. This is the place to see and be seen!
The fabulous weather in LA mean you’ll probably want to spend some time at the beach – whether it’s building sandcastles or topping up your tan!
Beautiful Santa Monica Beach is one of the most famous in the area, and don’t miss the colourful characters to be found on Venice Beach – including bodybuilders, chainsaw jugglers, folk artists and more!
If you just can’t decide – don’t! You can sample all of LA’s best beaches on a California Beaches Day Trip.
Los Angeles – Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- Approx. 10 hours
- US Dollars
- Los Angeles International – also known as LAX
- Opening Times:
- Shops are generally open Monday to Saturday from 10/11 am to 5/6 pm, with shorter opening hours on a Sunday.
- Shopping malls tend to open for longer hours.
- Temperatures in Los Angeles range from an average of 14°C in January and February to an average of 23°C in July and August.
- The sea is at its warmest from July to October, reaching an average of 19-20°C.
- Country code: +1
- Emergency Services Number: 911
- 120 volt
Getting Around in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles is a city designed for cars so getting around without one can be slow, but parking is expensive.
- The traffic in LA can be pretty horrendous, so it’s advised to try and avoid rush hour (7am - 9am and 3:30pm - 6pm) as much as possible.
- The Metro System is handy for getting to and from Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Long Beach and is very good value for money.
- The Downtown Area Short Hop (DASH) bus shuttle system runs roughly every 5 to 20 minutes and operates throughout Downtown LA, Hollywood and the west side of the city.
- The Santa Monica-based Big Blue Bus also serves much of western LA, including Santa Monica, Venice, Westwood and LAX Airport.
- You’ll find taxis lined up outside airports, train stations, bus stations and major hotels.
- Taxis in LA do not usually stop when flagged down in the street. It’s recommended to phone for one.
- Check that your cab has the official City of Los Angeles Taxicab Seal, which ensures that it is insured, inspected and driven by a trained driver.
If you’re looking for things to do in Los Angeles you certainly won’t be disappointed - it’s not called "The Entertainment Capital" for nothing!
At every turn you’ll come across scenes which look familiar from the movies or TV shows – plus there’s a pretty high chance of bumping into an A-List celebrity!
And even if chasing the stars isn’t your thing, the variety of things to do in LA mean there’s something that will appeal to everyone, whether it’s sightseeing, beach-life or family fun at the theme parks.
Check out the guides and tips above for our recommendations on things to do in LA