Sistine Chapel Tour - Early Entry Tickets
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Explore the Sistine Chapel before the crowds arrive
Enjoy an intimate visit to one of the most important sites in Rome with our early access Sistine Chapel tickets. You’ll be allowed to enter the Sistine Chapel 75 minutes before the doors are opened to the public.
This is an accompanied tour, so even though guided tours are forbidden in the Sistine Chapel, you won’t be on your own. A knowledgeable guide will accompany you to the chapel and will prepare you with all the information you need before you enter.
Sistine Chapel Tour Highlights
- Explore the Chapel when there is no one else around and enjoy a more intimate visit
- Experience the calm and quiet within the Chapel when it is empty
- Gaze upon Michelangelo’s ceiling fresco without being jostled or moved on
- The Sistine Chapel Ticket also includes entry to the Vatican Museums, which you are free to explore for as long as you like
Inside the Sistine Chapel
When you enter this beautiful building, you’ll be struck two things, the fact that it is empty of people and by the calm and quiet within - a stark contrast to later in the day when the crowds can barely move!
Whilst inside, make sure you look out for the boneless self-portrait of Michelangelo. He painted this particular piece to make a point - he’d rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again!
As you look up at the incredible fresco, you’ll begin to understand why Michelangelo felt so strongly about his task…
Discover the Vatican Museums
Following your visit to the Sistine Chapel you are free to enter the Vatican Museums and wander the halls, rooms and palaces at your own pace. Your guide will leave you with a map introducing the most important sights.
Having had an early start, you’ll have plenty of time to explore the 9 miles of sculpture, paintings, drawings, manuscripts, tapestries and more that are contained within 220 museum rooms.
- Culture Vultures
Sistine Chapel Tickets - Early Entry – Key Info
- January – March 2015: Fridays
- April – October 2015: Monday – Saturday
- Please note this tour does not operate on the following dates: 1st & 6th January, 11th February, 19th March, 6th April, 1st May, 29th June and 15th August.
7.30am. Please arrive at the departure point 15 minutes before the start of your tour.
Approximately 1 hour. Please note that this tour is accompanied, not guided. Guided tours are forbidden in the Sistine Chapel.
- Meet your guide at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums.
- The steps are between Hotel Alimandi Vaticano and Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- Only small bags allowed into the Vatican Museums.
- Large bags/tripods/umbrellas and backpacks must be checked into the free luggage storage area.
- Pushchairs and prams are not permitted.
- Only non-flash photography is allowed in the Vatican Museums, except in the Sistine Chapel where photography and talking are prohibited.
The tour is unsuitable for wheelchair users or those with walking difficulties.
- A visit to the Vatican Museums requires a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered with no low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts for both men and women.
- Please note that we cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
- In addition, the tour involves a fair amount of walking and stair climbing, therefore comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Skip-the-line access to the Sistine Chapel before the doors are opened to the public.
- Entry to the Vatican Museums.
- The company of an English-speaking guide.
- Hotel transfers.