Wine Country Half Day Tour - From San Francisco
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Wine Country Half Day - From San Francisco
Busy days soaking up the sights and sounds of San Francisco will no doubt leave you craving some relaxing time with a glass (or bottle!) of the finest local wine.
Now you can do even better than that – you can actually see where that wine comes from and how it’s made with a tour of the world-famous California Wine Country!
This is San Francisco’s only half-day wine tour – perfect if you can’t spare a full day but don’t want to miss one of this region’s major highlights.
You’ll depart at midday and head north across the Golden Gate Bridge into the Carneros wine region in the town of Sonoma. Here you’ll visit some of California’s finest wineries, from individual boutiques to huge mass-producers.
This is a unique chance to observe the wine-making process and enjoy tastings as well as amazing views of the vineyards and picturesque Sonoma Countryside.
If you’re visiting San Francisco and are a fan of wine, this is one tour that’s not to be missed!
- The Wine Country Half Day tour departs from Fisherman’s Wharf, heading north across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Short photo stop at Vista Point, with spectacular views of the bridge and the San Francisco skyline.
- Journey up Highway 101 and through the heart of Marin County to the Carneros wine region in the Sonoma Valley.
- You’ll visit some of California’s finest wineries, from individual boutiques to huge mass-producers. Here you’ll be able to learn about the wine-making process, sample the wine and enjoy the spectacular views of the Sonoma vineyards and countryside.
- The tour is fully narrated by a professional and knowledgeable guide, and lasts around 5-6 hours in total.
Wine Country Half Day – Key Info
- Hotel pickup is available in the Downtown area (Union Square, Financial District, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, Embarcadero and SOMA) but need to be booked in advance.
- Customers must reconfirm the tour with City Sightseeing no later than 24 hrs prior to departure of the reserved tour in order to receive exact pickup time and further details.
Children aged 4 and under go free! However if you are bringing a child aged 4 or under, it’s essential that you let us know by calling us on 0844 873 0070 as soon as you’ve made your booking, as all participants must be listed.
- Wine tasting fees are included for 1 winery; 2nd winery (time permitting) at own cost (approx. $15 per person)
- Minimum of 6 people is required to operate the tour
- Children are permitted on wine tasting tours, but you must be 21 or older to sample and drink wine
- Vouchers must be redeemed with the driver of the tour or with City Sightseeing - 1331 Columbus Avenue (between Beach Street & North Point Street).
- Tour Type:
- Escorted Tour with guide, in a climate-controlled motor coach.
- All year except Christmas Day.
- Approximately 5-6 hours.
- Departure Time:
- This tour departs daily at 12pm.
- Departure Location:
- Guide / Commentary:
- English-speaking live guide.
- Wine tour, narration and transportation.
- Complimentary bottle of water and chocolate
- Not Included:
- Wine tasting fees, meals, gratuities and souvenirs.