New York - Attractions & Things to do
All New York Attractions
Displaying 1-16 of 18 results see all
Top New York Attractions & Experiences
New York Tours for every traveller
Your Hop on hop off New York Visit
Itching to get to all those famous NYC sights? The cheapest and easiest way is to hop on hop off your way through the city.
Most New York visits tend to focus around Manhattan, but there are plenty of hop-on hop-off bus tours which give you the chance to explore all 5 New York boroughs, with significantly less risk of getting lost!
NYC Helicopter Ride
Looking for special things to do in New York? The ultimate - and possibly the most romantic - way to see the top New York attractions is a helicopter tour. It offers you the best view of that famous NYC skyline AND it swoops you away from the crowds!
New York Movie Tours
Some of the most iconic movies & TV series take place in the Big Apple. Don’t miss the chance to explore the most-famous New York film locations in Central Park, or revisit the favourite moments from your favourite TV series on The Sopranos Tour, Gossip Girl Tour and Sex & The City Tour.
Iconic NYC Landmarks
New York definitely isn’t short of landmarks and crowds from all the corners of the world flock to the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock and Statue of Liberty – just be careful of street touts hawking tickets at a higher price to unsuspecting tourists…
Historic New York Attractions
Since the fateful events of September 11th 2001, the 9/11 Memorial site at the World Trade Center has been a destination for visitors the world over wishing to pay tribute to those who lost their lives and see the place where the twin towers once stood.
Want to see how New York became the wonderfully multicultural city it is today? Take a short ferry trip to Ellis Island, where millions of immigrants entered the US, and which incidentally takes you within a hair’s breadth of the Statue of Liberty!
New York Shopping
Shopaholics on the hunt for big bargains will find their nirvana at the outlet villages surrounding the city; the most popular of which is Woodbury Common.
New York – Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- The average flight time from London to New York is 6h 30min
- US Dollars
- New York is served by 9 airports. The most popular are John F Kennedy, Newark and La Guardia
- New York is split into five boroughs: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, each with its own micro-culture and plenty of things to see and do.
- The temperature in New York can soar up to an average of 25°C in July and plummet to around 0°C in January.
- Country code: +1
- Emergency Services Number: 911
- 120 volt
New York - Getting Around
- Probably the easiest way to get around all the must-see New York attractions!
- With tickets valid for 48 hours, these handy buses allow you to hop on and off as much as you like at stops throughout New York.
- Stops include the Empire State Building, the site of the World Trade Center, Central Park, Harlem and more.
- Arguably the fastest – and definitely the most popular - way to get around New York. The subway’s 656-mile system runs 24 hours a day and is pretty darn cheap.
- New York buses also run 24 hours a day, but are obviously hindered by traffic in the rush hours.
- Hailing and riding in a yellow taxi cab is an essential New York experience! The majority are clean and, compared to those in many international cities, pretty cheap.
- To hail a cab, it must have a lit light on its roof. The most difficult times to get a taxi are in the rain, at rush hour and around 4pm, when many drivers finish their shifts.
- Driving is not recommended around Manhattan unless it’s absolutely necessary – car hire is expensive and parking space is limited.
- Unless you’re hiring a car for a trip out of town, it’s probably more hassle than it’s worth, considering New York’s excellent public transport systems.
The ultimate city break! Whether you’re a first-timer or you know the city well, with so many things to do in New York you'll never get bored!
Jet off with your best friends for the ultimate New York shopping spree, surprise that special someone with a romantic mini-break, soak up some serious culture, or just wander around and take it all in – there are always more New York attractions to discover and every turn can lead to a new adventure.
Exploring New York can be tiring as you’ll inevitably want to cram so much into each day, but in “The City that Never Sleeps”, bedtime will be the last thing on your mind.
Check out the guides and tips above for our top recommended New York attractions and more!